Another fun Thanksgiving recipe for you tonight! After all, it’s never too early to start planning your menu.
The first “Vegetarian Thanksgiving” recipe I posted was Lean, Green Casserole Machine. Here’s veg recipe #2: Baked Apples!
- 3 apples (I used Honey Crisp + Granny Smith for the first take of this recipe and then Gala + Braeburn this time around)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or Earth Balance if you want this to be vegan-friendly)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Place butter in bottom of heavy pie dish and melt in the oven for a few minutes.
- Slice apples thinly.
- Arrange apples in heavy pie dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Bake a 375 for 45 minutes.
I had a delicious serving of this for my afternoon snack. I am DEFINITELY making a dish of these apples for our Thanksgiving. They are divine (and sooo easy to make).
And for dinner, I got to see one of my favorite people in the world – DadHTP.
We went out for Chinese food, and we both got the same fortune!
Fail. It didn’t seem very special after that.
I ordered broccoli tofu:
With brown rice:
And I went back for seconds:
The tofu was really great. It was simply cooked and the sauce was divine!
I must give the pups a bath, and then it’s time for HGTV and bed. A perfect nighttime ritual, I dare say!