Glorious run with the Husband this morning! We did 3.0 miles in 28:47. :) I am very much enjoying being in taper mode for the marathon. I like shorter distances (you know, as opposed to 20.0 miles at once).
After the run, I did some last minute Christmas shopping! Iâ€™m giving the Husband an â€œairplane care packageâ€ (oh, and a trip to Europe) for Christmas. I stuffed a bag full of candy, dried fruit, an eye mask, a book, some magazines, and other odds and ends (gum!) and plan to give it to him on the airplane tomorrow.
A little light because I plan on wolfing down pumpkin yogurt and granola shortly. 🙂
I had a baked sweet potato with kidney beans:
I wanted to use vegetarian baked beans, but we are out. :( Wouldnâ€™t that be a delicious combo?
And an orange:
New Yearâ€™s Even Resolutions 2010
Even though itâ€™s still 2009, I thought Iâ€™d present my NYE 2010 Resolutions today. As I explained this morning, I am BIG on Resolutions. I like to sit down and imagine how Iâ€™d like the next year to go. Checking off items feels so great, too!
I always have a HUGE list of Resolutions and break them into fitness and personal resolutions. Since this is my first year as an entrepreneur, Iâ€™m also adding a professional category.
Here we go!
- Complete the Disney Marathon on January 10: This is a huge life goal of mine, and Iâ€™m so excited to check it off my bucket list. I truly do not have a time goal â€“ if I finish alive and injury-free, I will be ecstatic. Butâ€¦ if I come in under 4:30, I will be even more excited. :) Just saying.
- Ride a Century Bike Race (100 miles) on May 15: I have completed a Metric Century, which is 60 miles, but Iâ€™d like to go for the BIG BIKE RACE and do a Century. Iâ€™ve already picked out my race and canâ€™t wait to start training after I recover from the marathon!
- Complete a Triathlon on March 13 or 14: You might remember how I was disqualified from a sprint triathlon in the summer of 2008 because I freaked out and couldnâ€™t finish the swim. I really want to tackle the tri again, but Iâ€™m not sure if Iâ€™ll do another sprint one or an Olympic distance. Iâ€™ve picked out the Wildman Triathlon in March as my race of choice.
- Continue to make efforts to be a nicer, more cheerful person.
- Try not to talk badly about other people and keep negative opinions to myself.
- Be more responsible with our money.
- Find freelance writing jobs so I can continue to be my own boss.
- Develop a second book concept and try to sell it.
- Develop a viral marketing plan for the Operation Beautiful book. Work with a graphic designer to create a sweet You Tube video.
- Help the Husband launch his acupuncture practice.
What are your goals for 2010?