This recipe is actually a twist on my very favorite recipe – the Santa Fe Casserole. I made a small version of this recipe to perfectly portion it out for two people. But you could always half or double for less or more. I bet it would freeze well.
Cheesy Brussel Sprout Casserole
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 10 Brussel sprouts, chopped in half
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian herbs in a tube
- Salt to taste
- In a wok, bring 1/2 cup water to boil and add in Brussel sprouts and carrots. Let steam/stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine cooked brown rice, cheese, kidney beans, herbs, and salt in a large bowl. Drain Brussel sprouts and carrots and add in. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased casserole and bake for 40 minutes or until center sets.
- Plate and enjoy!