I was going to call this recipe â€œPanda Balls,â€ but figured that was a little tacky. So instead, letâ€™s call them Panda Bites.
Iâ€™ve been rolling the idea of Panda Bites around in my mind for a few days. Itâ€™s a super simple recipe â€“ just three ingredients! â€“ an would be a great pre- or post-workout snack. Now, the key to this recipe is Panda Puffs cereal, but I think other crunchy cereals (or maybe even raw oats, like these Vegan Date Squares?) would work. However, if you havenâ€™t tried Panda Puffs, get thee to a grocery store ASAP â€“ itâ€™s good!
Ingredients (yields 14 bites):
- 15 medium-sized pitted dates
- 1 cup Panda Puffs cereal
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed nut butter (or other nut butter)
- Combine dates and cereal in food processor for 10 seconds. Donâ€™t over mix!
- Add nut butter and combine for another 20 seconds. Mixture should be crumbly, not smooth.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon balls and roll tightly in between your hands.
- Place in sealable dish and refrigerate until ready to eat. If youâ€™d like them to last longer, freeze â€˜em!
I had four for breakfast, with lots of fruit.
Does anyone else feel like Fall is creepinâ€™ on up? Itâ€™s still hot during the day but itâ€™s getting so cool in the mornings and evenings. I love it!