I have been planning this breakfast for weeks – but I kept forgetting to make it! I don’t know why I put it off; this Chocolate French Toast Casserole was amazing.
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate soymilk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 – 6 slices of whole wheat bread (or gluten-free bread, as I used)
- 1 very ripe banana
- Topping: Greek yogurt (or syrup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a small 8 by 8 glass casserole dish.
- Chop bread into 1/3 strips, as shown below.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, chocolate milk, and vanilla extract. Dump in bread and toss with hands, thoroughly coating all the bread. Mash banana with a fork and gently mix in. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish, bake for 30 minutes, and remove. Let cool for a minute or so, slice in half, and top with Greek yogurt.
Hello, my beauty.
I liked this casserole because it was a little crunchy in spots and a little soggy in other parts. Kind of like real French toast!