This recipe is actually an oldie but goodie, back when Healthy Tipping Point was named See Bride Run (most short-sighted blog name, ever – I got married six months after starting my blog!).
Fried pineapple in the morning – what’s not to love?
Ingredients (for one serving):
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine first five ingredients in a small pot. Turn heat to high. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat and grease a small saucepan. Place ring in center and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Once liquid has boiled off oats (5 minutes or so), remove from heat.
- Flip pineapple once it’s browned and allow to brown on other side.
- Plate oatmeal and top with pineapple ring.
Want a little trick? If you don’t have a pineapple core machine (um, who does? Anyone?), you can always use shot glasses to remove the woodsy core!
Two shot glasses are also good for holding up hard tacos!