Catching up on weekend posts?
- How the Husband (an acupuncturist) made my knee pain disappear.
- Homemade veggie cream cheese
- Why I need yoga in my life
Nothing chases the Moan-day blues away quite like a new breakfast recipe. Dare I say this is a new favorite recipe?
Hereâ€™s the thing with breakfast recipes â€“ I donâ€™t want to spend twenty minutes prepping breakfast. I have other things to do (like, um, shower and get to work). But I donâ€™t mind spending 5 minutes prepping a breakfast that requires 20 minutes of baking.
Simply prep this amazing French Toast Casserole before jumping in the shower, and by the time youâ€™re dressed, youâ€™ll be munching on an breakfast fit for a Queen (or King).
Look, Ma â€“ only eight ingredients (and I bet you have them all already)!
French Toast Casserole
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 4 slices of crusty whole wheat bread (crustier, the better)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- Toppings: Maple syrup and almonds
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Chop bread into 1 â€“ 2 inch strips. Place in small greased casserole dish (mine was an 8-inch round).
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour egg mix over bread and slice in a banana.
- Stir and let stand for a minute. Stir again, thoroughly coating all the bread with the egg mix. Pat down with spoon.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Remove, let stand for one minute, and slice (makes two servings).
- Top with nuts and maple syrup.
This would also be an awesome dish for a big brunch â€“ just double or triple the recipe and make it in a larger casserole dish.
I feel better about Monday already. 🙂