My tummy feels a little off (please, oh please – I hope I didn’t pick up a bug in the airport); however, my taste buds are working just fine. :) Hence, this very awesome hot side salad.
The B Sprout Salad!
This side is packed with a variety of flavors… it’s both spicy and sweet, savory and fruity. I loved it! This would be an excellent dinner party side.
I had a big portion with some toast and buttah (my appetite is pretty low so dinner was light). Oh bread, I love thee.
Okay – the recipe!
The B Sprout Salad
- 1/2 pound of Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 4 heavy sprinkles of chili powder
- 2 heavy sprinkles of pepper
- Salt to taste
- Wash sprouts and finely chop them.
- Pour water into wok and add sprouts. Bring to a medium high light boil and add all the spices and oil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin seeds and raspberries and cook on medium high for another 10 minutes or until all the water boils off.
- When it starts to sear and smell like Brussel sprouts, it’s done. 🙂
- Plate and serve!
Such a great side!
And although my tummy hurt to much for a big dinner, it had room for dessert. Because I actually have two stomachs, one for meals and one for desserts. Or at least, this is what I always use to tell my parents. Don’t you have a dessert stomach?
I ended up eating 2.5 of these AMAZING orange cranberry white chocolate biscotti from Jen (which froze EXCELLENTLY… I received them at the cookie exchange last week). I am going to make these… this weekend!? Basically ASAP. So delicious!
haha! I love that you have two stomachs! I think I do too! That salad looks great, and would be great for dinner parties!