Catching up on weekend posts?
- I ran my first Charlotte race and crushed my goal time.
- I signed up for my second marathon.
- I found my book in a bookstore!
- A stray cat rang my doorbell â€“ but thatâ€™s a story for another post.
Ever since I moved to Charlotte (heck, since I came up here to look for an apartment), Kath and Emily have been asking me to come to 6:30 AM hot yoga. I think I said no a dozen times before I finally caved. Kathâ€™s description of the musical selection (â€œCalifornia Gurlsâ€!) convinced me to give it a try.
Waking up at 5:30 AM is not normal for me â€“ I usually rise around 7 AM on the weekdays and 8 or 9 on the weekends. It was a struggle to get out of bed, but it the endâ€¦ it was worth it. Morning workouts always are, huh?
Me, Kath, Emily, and Diana.
Before leaving, I had two slices of Honey Whole Wheat with PB. Plus a peach!
And then I hightailed it to yoga to experience the lovely teaching of Tanner, whoâ€™s famous for playing pop music in the middle of class and looking dead sexy while doing it.
This 60-minute class was SO different than the 80-minute class at Orlando Power Yoga, the studio were I â€œlearnedâ€ hot yoga.
- OPY focuses heavily on breathing. Tanner focuses on playing awesome music. Not sure which I prefer.
- OPY includes a 10-minute ab workout, which I liked.
- Tanner focused on balance moves. Iâ€™m a crappy balancer, but itâ€™s good to work on my â€˜badâ€™ poses!
- Tanner folds a lovely lavender-scented towel over your face at the end of class. OPY reads you an inspirational passage from a book. Lavender towel wins.
- Tanner touches, OPY talks about looking good for bikini season. Touches are far superior.
- OPY is way harder physically.
You set up all these â€˜expectationsâ€™ once you get used to a certain studio. It was fun to try something new!
Are you really attached to one yoga/spin/aerobics/body pump class, teacher, or studio or do you like to mix it up?