Catching up on weekend posts?
- I ran my first Charlotte race and crushed my goal time.
- I signed up for my second marathon.
- I found my book in a bookstore!
- A stray cat rang my doorbell – but that’s a story for another post.
Ever since I moved to Charlotte (heck, since I came up here to look for an apartment), Kath and Emily have been asking me to come to 6:30 AM hot yoga. I think I said no a dozen times before I finally caved. Kath’s description of the musical selection (“California Gurls”!) convinced me to give it a try.
Waking up at 5:30 AM is not normal for me – I usually rise around 7 AM on the weekdays and 8 or 9 on the weekends. It was a struggle to get out of bed, but it the end… it was worth it. Morning workouts always are, huh?
Me, Kath, Emily, and Diana.
Before leaving, I had two slices of Honey Whole Wheat with PB. Plus a peach!
And then I hightailed it to yoga to experience the lovely teaching of Tanner, who’s famous for playing pop music in the middle of class and looking dead sexy while doing it.
This 60-minute class was SO different than the 80-minute class at Orlando Power Yoga, the studio were I “learned” hot yoga.
- OPY focuses heavily on breathing. Tanner focuses on playing awesome music. Not sure which I prefer.
- OPY includes a 10-minute ab workout, which I liked.
- Tanner focused on balance moves. I’m a crappy balancer, but it’s good to work on my ‘bad’ poses!
- Tanner folds a lovely lavender-scented towel over your face at the end of class. OPY reads you an inspirational passage from a book. Lavender towel wins.
- Tanner touches, OPY talks about looking good for bikini season. Touches are far superior.
- OPY is way harder physically.
You set up all these ‘expectations’ once you get used to a certain studio. It was fun to try something new!
Are you really attached to one yoga/spin/aerobics/body pump class, teacher, or studio or do you like to mix it up?