I’ve gotten more done this Sunday before 9 AM than I have in WEEKS! I am not typically an early riser (I prefer to spend my mornings in bed), but it did feel good to be productive.
I was up at 6 AM to have breakfast with my mom and drive her to the airport. We made oatmeal, of course!
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 sliced banana
- Toppings: cinnamon, flax, blueberries, strawberries, and coconut
After dropping mom off, I took advantage of the early hour and squeezed in a quick run. It’s been SO hot in Central Florida later (95+ degrees) and was already sweltering by 8 AM.
I did 3.1 miles at a fast clip (around 29:00 minutes). Although I’m a huge fan of the walk break, I’m trying not to walk when running shorter distances because I’m working really hard on improving my 5K time. The mental/physical boost from walks breaks are SO great… it’s hard not to slow down every now and then. I try thinking of something else or slowing down to a jog when I get really tired, and the urge to stroll usually passes.
Off to shower, clean, and PACK PACK PACK.
But first… HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
I can’t believe how TINY I was! Growing up is weird. And check out that beard on my Dad.
Yes, my parents bathed me in the sink. So?
I love the 1990s. Sweet shirts. And headband!
Glamour Shots! Remember those?
I credit my Dad with:
- Turning me into a bookworm and encouraging me to study hard. I’m glad I was more academic than sporty in school, and I owe a lot of it to my Dad!
- Helping me become a cyclist and showing me how to change a flat tire on my bike!
- Teaching me to be compassionate and understanding.
- Shaping my social and political views. Thanks for brainwashing me to be the way I am. :) I look forward to brainwashing my own children in similar ways.
- Showing me how important it is to just “be there” for someone. Thanks Dad for always being at my events and school functions. It meant a lot!
Happy Dad’s Day! I hope you can celebrate your father, grandfather, husband, mentor, or the other special man in your life. Father’s Day can come in many forms!
aw, happy father’s day to your dad! i hope you guys get to spend some time together today, even if it’s just on the phone 🙂