I woke up feeling sore, thirsty, and hungry. Guess thatâ€™s what 73.0 miles on the bike will do to a girl!
So, breakfast tasted especially delicious:
Sweet Potato Pancake
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, mashed (to mash sweet potato quickly, wash the potato, stab it with a fork, wrap in paper towel, and microwave for 6 minutes)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons pecans, crushed
- Topping: strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Heat and grease griddle.
- Mix first six ingredients.
- Pour onto griddle and form pancake shape.
- On Medium Low, cook slowly and then flip (use a plate if necessary) when golden brown.
- Cook other side slowly.
- Plate, top with fruit and syrup, and enjoy!
A little vegetables in the morning never hurt anyone! :) Iâ€™ve made this same recipe with canned pumpkin before and it tastes just as good!
Now that I am mature and 26 years oldâ€¦
Iâ€™ve been thinking a lot about â€˜adult behavior.â€™ You know, the stuff I do now because Iâ€™m older, wiser, and more responsible. Heather and I were having a funny G-Chat conversation about this topic last night, and we decided weâ€™re only a little bit adult.
Things that I am â€œadultâ€ about:
- Paying rent and bills on time
- Sending out Thank You cards
- Walking, feeding, and bathing the dogs
- Cleaning the house
- I almost never whine
- Washing my sheets
- Going to the gynecologist (and not just because she holds my birth control script hostage)
Things that I am â€œnon-adultâ€ about:
- Getting my oil changed/car maintenance
- Stalking people on Facebook
- Spending money responsibly
- Listening to voicemails
- Taking out the trash
- Planning for our financial future (IRAs, etc)
- Drinking beers with one purpose in mind
- Going to the dentist/eye doctor (I donâ€™t have insurance)
What are you â€œadultâ€ and â€œnon-adultâ€ about?