Welcome to Baltimore! Itâ€™s time for Fit Blogginâ€™!
On the way over, I had one of Anneâ€™s homemade protein bars.
After a long, long drive (rush hour in DC is terrible!), we arrived at the hotel and met up with Ali and Gracie, who are Anneâ€™s and my other roomies for the weekend. Sleepover partttty! Let the jumping on the bed begin! 🙂
Our hotel is quite lovely!
Time to check-inâ€¦
Fit Blogginâ€™ was organized by Roni of Roniâ€™s Weigh â€“ so far it looks like sheâ€™s done an incredible job. The swag bags along are amazing. They actually came with FREE New Balance sneakers! I got size 7.5 WIDE and everything. But Iâ€™m not sure if I should wear them in the 5K race tomorrow or not? Would you break new shoes in during a shorter race?
After getting our swag, we went to the POM Wonderful Welcome Party. Three cheers for POMtinis!
I had three delicious drinks (they were pretty juice-y and not-so-alcohol-y!).
And I snagged a few mushroom appetizers. By this point, I was STARVING. I think I had about five? Every time a waitress walked by, I snagged her for more mushrooms!!! 🙂
And I dug a granola bar out of the swag bag:
SO SO SO many people to talk to!
Can you identify these bloggers? 🙂
After the cocktail party, a few of us headed to a local Mexican bar to grab some eats. I ordered the vegetarian burrito (which had no veggies in it?! It was just rice and beans and lettuce) and chips with salsa.
I had about half of everything.
The agenda for tomorrow looks great! The topics include:
- SEO Optimization: Driving Traffic to Your Site
- Donâ€™t Write About Junk Science: How to Critically Evaluate Research
- WordPress.com: An In-Depth Look at the Most Popular Blogging Software
- Body Image and Blogging: What Are We Teaching Our Children?
- Using Social Media to Reach Goals: The Power of an Online Communityh
- From Blog to Book: Getting Your Book Published (Iâ€™m speaking at this panel)
- Getting Noticed: How to Pitch to Traditional Media
- Making Money From Your Blog: Could You? Should You?
Iâ€™ll try to take good notes so I can share all the information I learn!
Weâ€™re also sitting through several fun fitness presentations, including martial arts, yoga, stretching, and more. And weâ€™re running a 5K at 6:30 AM!
I wish you could see the scene right now â€“ 5 women, all sitting on the bed and blogging on their respective computers. The Internet is our hotel is kind of wonky, so Iâ€™m going to sit in the lobby and hit publish.