Boy, oh boy! Have I got a great – and simple – recipe to share with you!
I was craving hummus, but we’re all out. I decided to create my own version of a bean dip using a can of dark red kidney beans instead.
Bean and Olive Dip
Ingredients (for 2 entree-sized servings or 4 side servings):
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 2 handfuls raw spinach, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup whole canned black olives (no salt added)
- Lots and lots of hot sauce
- In a wok, combine the first four ingredients.
- Cook on medium high for 8 minutes (or until spinach is entirely wilted).
- Pour mix into large bowl, add pepper and hot sauce (to taste, but you can’t go wrong with adding a lot), and mash into a dip. Alternatively, you could put it into a food processor to make it all creamy, but I liked the chunks.
- Serve warm!
I ate my dip with two servings of crackers, but I think the dip would be excellent between two slices of toast, too!
With a big serving of steamed Brussel sprouts:
Before lunch, I went to the gym and rocked 30 minutes on the elliptical. I was scheduled to run 5.0 miles, but I just wasn’t feeling a longer workout. I felt refreshed and relaxed after the elliptical!
Since I went to the gym at lunch time, I had a larger mid-afternoon snack to power me through my workout.
I had an orange:
Aren’t my flowers pretty? :) I bought myself two big bouquets the other day. I love having fresh flowers around!
wow, that dip sounds great! i never would have thought of that combo, but i bet it’s amazing. i like the idea of having it served warm too 🙂
i love having fresh flowers around…and yours are seriously the best colors ever! hope your day is going well!