1. Tell everyone you know you’re going to form a new habit (like the Intro to Iron Pumping Challenge).
2. Set an attainable, realistic goal (like lift weights three times a week following a clearly organized plan).
3. Don’t set yourself up to fail (like by promising you’ll lift five days a week!). Oh, and don’t beat yourself up when you actually fail. It’s OK. 🙂
4. Make yourself do the new habit for at least two months. Just do it! Two months of lifting, running, yoga, walking, whatever – it won’t kill you. It’s just two months.
5. After that, you likely have a new habit. Congrats! 🙂
Clearly, I had to talk myself into doing the Intro to Iron Pumping Challenge Workout tonight, but I am so glad I did. Around 7 PM, I looked up from my work and realized if I didn’t leave for the gym RIGHT NOW, it was never going to happen. So, I stood up and left. I didn’t really want to go – but I’m trying to form a new habit!
Day 6: Back and Biceps
- Warm Up: 5 minutes of cardio
- Seated Row: 3 x 12 with 45 pound weights
- Lat pulldown: 3 x 12 with 45 pound weights
- Stability Ball Ys and Ts (alternate between “Y” and “T”): 2 x12 for “Y” and 2 x 12 for “T”
- 21s: 1 set of 21’s with 30 pounds; 1 set of 21’s with 20 pounds
- Stability Ball Back extension: Skipped this move
- Frog crunches: 10 crunches
- Hammer curls: 3 X 12 with 5 pounds
- Oblique V-up: 30 crunches for each side with 5 pound weight
I felt a little awkward in the weights area today. I haven’t really gone to the gym so late at night on a weekday and was surrounded by super muscley men. I consoled myself by wearing my marathon tech tee. :) It made me feel a wee bit more badass as I did the seated row.
Came home and made dinner:
Kind of an odd dinner: 1.5 serving of baked beans, roasted mushrooms with soy sauce, roasted potatoes with ketchup, and a mini whole wheat bagel with cheese.
Roasted mushrooms are GOOD!
My pre-workout snack was a bunch of almonds:
My mid-afternoon snacks included PB toast:
And an orange:
It’s time for… AMERICAN IDOL!
What are the keys to forming a new good habit?
YUM on the mushrooms. Gotta try that. I told my bloggies I was going to make overnight oats tonight…any suggestions for a particularly yummy version??? Have a good one!
-Blog Boy 😉