Do everything with purpose.
The busier my life becomes, the more I realize the importance of doing everything with purpose. Life is too short to just be on autopilot. The truly successful (in work, friendship, and love) do everything with a purpose. Success in life doesn’t just happen; you work for it.
Tips for moving forward with purpose:
- Realize that everything is not an emergency. Sometimes, it’s better to sit on a decision (or an e-mail!) before sending it out.
- Create a "Plan of Attack" for big decisions. Lay out the steps you must follow to succeed. Identify potential roadblocks ahead of time.
- Realize WHAT and WHO really matters to you. Don’t spend all your emotional cash on a job you hate; save some for your significant other or friends.
- Seek advice. Talk to your friends, loved ones, or spiritual guide for advice on tough decisions. Weigh the pro’s and con’s of their advice against your own knowledge of the situation.
- Organize your life! When your life is less cluttered, it’s easier to move forward with purpose. Get a datebook (or an iPhone) and rank your to-do’s in order of importance.
How do you move forward with purpose?