Tonight’s dinner was inspired by this recipe I found on Food Network. I used my food processor to make the Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata EXTRA creamy and delicious.
How I made the ultimate cheesy frittata:
- In a heavy skillet (one that you can place directly in the oven), stir-fry a generous splash of extra virgin oil olive and chopped white onion until the onion browns.
- Meanwhile, microwave 2 cups of frozen broccoli in a little water for 5 minute. Drain and place in food processor.
- Blend broccoli in processor for about 30 seconds. Add to skillet and mix with EVOO and onion.
- Rinse food processor and add about 1/3 block of white cheddar cheese. Processes until crumbly.
- Add 6 eggs to processor and re-blend the cheese and eggs for about 30 seconds.
- Pour egg and cheese mix into skillet.
- Give it a stir and cook on the stovetop for about 6 minutes on Medium.
- Meanwhile, turn on the broiler.
- Put eggs under broiler for 3 minutes or until top browns.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Cool and serve.
I had about 1/3 of the frittata with a small sweet potato (with was topped with 1/2 a block of Laughing Cow):
Other afternoon snacks included apricots, cereal, and another vegan chocolate chip cookie — but I deleted all the pictures by accident! Whoops. 🙁
I’m off to tackle the closet of doom:
I’m putting this picture up to SHAME ME into organizing my closet! Told you it was bad!
Thanks for sharing the frittata recipe. It sounds totally yummy–and the husband might even eat it! Good luck with the closet 🙂