Thank you SO much for your support on my new schedule. I woke up feeling a little tired, and it was great to read such kind messages in my inbox.
To answer some follow-up questions:
- No, I do not entirely support the Husband while he is in medical school (although I wish I could because he works really hard). My income is the bulk of our income, but he also works part-time as an office manager of his parents’ clinic.
- Yes, the Husband is definitely stepping up and helping me with the chores and dogs. That used to be my territory, but now he’s going to handle it for a lot of the week. Last night, he went grocery shopping for me. 🙂 I love that man!
- Yes, my full-time job is from home. I’m an urban planner and have worked for the same company for three years. That definitely makes this new schedule easier to handle.
- Yes, you will get to see TONS of time management tips on the blog. Last night’s dinner was pretty lame, but I have a bunch of healthy and transportable meal ideas to share with you!
Every Little Bit Counts!
As I mentioned, it’s going to be difficult to do cardio exercise from Monday to Thursday (unless we buy that elliptical machine I’ve been eyeing!). So, I decided to do a little strength training this AM before breakfast. Because after all — every little bit counts!
Here’s what I did… it only took me 10 minutes!
- 30 push-ups
- 10 decline push-ups
- 100 bicycle crunches
- 20 reverse crunches
- 20 leg lift with V-crunches (10 each leg)
I dreamt of this breakfast!
Using Hodgson’s Mills InstaBake mix, I made two blueberry waffles. I topped them with a glob of Vanilla Chobani. Holy YUM!
I normally just have 1 waffle, but I made these a little thinner than usual. Plus, I was sups hungry from the lame dinner last night!
Plus a side of grapes — I couldn’t fit these in my belly after the waffles, so I’m saving them for later in the morning.
And coffee, AKA liquid crack.
Off to seize the day! Stay tuned for my afternoon post, in which I’ll answer the latest burning question I’ve been getting…. Have I gone vegetarian after reading Skinny Bitch?
Yummy waffles. Can’t wait to see the time management tips!