I’m getting really, really nervous about the Gasparilla Distance Classic this weekend. As you know, I am racing a 15K at 7:30 on Saturday, a 5K at 9:00, and then a Half Marathon the next morning. Any of these races, I could easily handle alone, but the idea of doing it back-to-back-to-back is freaking me out BIG TIME.
I’m concerned because I am SO sore from yesterday’s 12.0 mile run. Like, unusual soreness that literally kept me awake last night. My knees are aching, my thighs are burning… basically, I would normally never run in this condition and I will have to on Sunday. Here’s my thoughts:
- I think I need to begin my taper NOW. AKA No more running. I have another 4 miler on my schedule for Tuesday, but I think that is pretty pointless and will only do more harm than good.
- I obviously cannot kill myself during the Saturday races — I should stick to 10-minute miles as much as possible.
- I need to pop a lot of anti-inflammatory OTC pills after the Saturday races.
- An ice bath is probably advisable, but they are torturous and I’ll be staying at someone else’s house (how awkward).
- I’m an idiot for signing up for this Distance Classic series in the first place.
Any other (positive) thoughts? I’m kind of freaking out.
We are totally out of fruit… major grocery deficit! I’m going shopping after work.
At least I got some whole grains and sugary sweetness in my tummy!
I made Oatmeal Waffles using my favorite Hodgson’s Mills Insta Bake mix. Instead of using 1 cup of the mix, I used 1/2 cup mix and 1/2 cup oatmeal (which makes 4 waffles).
These were super dense and chewy! Very delicious. I topped mine with coconut (does that count as a fruit?) and maple syrup.
Stevia is a perennial shrub of the aster family (Asteraceae), native to the northern regions of South America. It is now being grown in Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Central America, the United States, Israel, Thailand and China. Great care must be taken during production of Stevia extract to produce a high quality sweetener extract. The NuNaturals line is very high quality and super yummy in coffee or tea!
I’ll be giving away 1 bottle of regular Stevia drops and 1 bottle of Vanilla Stevia drops.