Morning! How are you? Don’t forget to enter the Road ID contest! Technically, it’s my Friday as I work four 10-hour days a week. Woo hoo!
Several of you have asked why I don’t run in the morning. I hate to be all "I Can’t!" but it’s true… I just can’t. When we lived in Pennsylvania, I would go to the gym in the morning on my way to work and shower there, but it’s simply not feasible anymore. Here’s why:
- I wake up at 5:45 and start work at 7 AM. Waking up earlier is completely unrealistic.
- I would have to go the bed earlier in order to squeeze in an AM workout. But the Husband doesn’t get home usually until 9 PM, so I like to stay up and spend time with him.
- If I were to leave the house in the AM, the dogs would go crazy barking and wake up Husband.
- It’s too dark in the AM to run outside safely and the gym is 15 minutes away.
So, I’m stuck with PM workouts for now. I do like getting in my workout early on my days off, though! Which do you prefer — AM or PM workouts?
I did have a reallllly good breakfast this AM!
I made two waffles using Hodgson’s Mills Insta Bake mix and slathered them in real maple syrup (mmmm!).
On the side…. a banana and strawberries!
I have so many *fun* things planned for this weekend!
- Thursday: Date Night with Meghann!
- Friday: Relax
- Saturday: Run with the Orlando Women Runners Club for the first time. I’m so excited!
- Sunday: 12.0-mile run with Meghann, and Wine Class with the Husband (my Valentine’s Day gift to him!).
Personally, I choose to do my hardcore workout in the evening (right after I get off work). I work until 4:30 and live less than a mile away from work, so I am usually in the gym before 5pm and can squeeze in a nice 45-60min run/workout. We use to go later in the evening (around 7:30-8:00pm) in the summer but I found that I like it better to go when I am alreday up and moving so that way I can just come home, make dinner and relax for the rest of night.
Maybe it has something to do with the weather too, but I think its hard to get myself motivated in the evening during the winter months.