Happy Monday! That’s right, "happy." I’m trying to put a positive spin on another long work week for the sake of my general sanity. 🙂
I tried my hand at waffles again this morning.
This time around, I used less batter, added more milk, cooked them for a shorter amount of time, and smothered them in maple syrup as opposed to dipping. I’ve decided waffles are not conducive to dipping.
I topped the waffles off with sliced banana and blueberries. Fruit also greatly improves waffles — helps them stay moist and yummy.
What Makes Someone ‘a Runner’?
This other day, Heather at Hangry Pants asked me, "What makes someone ‘a runner’?" GOOD QUESTION! I think what makes people feel like a ‘runner’ is different for everyone. Plus, I STILL have moments when I feel like, "Oh man, I am such a hardcore RUNNER!" 🙂
- I felt like a runner when I ran my first race (a 10k).
- I felt like a runner the first time I ran with a friend (which was my very first run!!).
- I felt like a runner after printing out my first training schedule.
- I felt like a runner when I could run a mile without stopping.
- I felt like a runner when I had to buy knee sleeves.
- I felt like a runner after I bought my first running ‘gear’ (a Heart Rate Monitor).
- I feel like a runner when people ask me if I had a hobby, and I reply, "Running!"
- I feel like a runner when I run in the rain.
- I feel like I runner when I run with a hangover.
- I feel like a runner when I do speedwork at the gym.
- I feel like a runner when I buy Runner’s World instead of Cosmopolitan.
When did you truly feel like a runner/a yogi/a swimmer/a bicyclist/ or a master at whatever your sport of choice is?