HAHA – I must be on vacation! I thought today was the 23rd, but it’s only the 22nd. So, I only baked 1/2 of my Christmas cookies; I’ll do the rest tomorrow.
I started off with chocolate covered Oreos.
I did some milk chocolate, a few white chocolate, and several halfsies. I ended up eating one of the halfsies – so delicious!
Next up, I did a practice run of the yogurt dip I’ll make for my mother-in-law’s Christmas luncheon.
My dip contains:
- Greek Yogurt
- Fresh chopped dill
- Fresh chopped garlic
- Fresh chopped green onion
- (All to taste)
I snacked on the yogurt dip with some carrots and celery while baking. There’s something missing/off with the dip, but I can’t decide what it is (too much dill?).
Next up…. Coconut Oatmeal Cookies! I love these cookies. I ate one for dessert after my lunch (see below).
Ingredients (makes 24 large cookies):
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly baked dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two cookie sheets.
- Using a mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamed. Use a low setting so the butter doesn’t get too warm.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat thoroughly.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and oatmeal in a separate bowl. Slowly add to butter and sugar mixture while containing to beat.
- Add coconut to batter, beat thoroughly.
- Place batter in fridge for 10 minutes. Also, place greased cookie sheets in fridge.
- Using hands, roll dough into 2-inch diameter balls. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 14 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
And for lunch, I made Savory Oatmeal. Yes, I was in the kitchen ALL MORNING LONG!
My savory oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- Toppings: 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, three slices of turkey meat (chopped and microwaved for 30 seconds), three small plum tomatoes (quartered), and green onion (chopped)
Future Husband and I are going to go on a quick run and then we’re going to run wedding errands.
Have a great day!
Those cookies look amazing!