Good evening! Sorry for my lack of an afternoon post — work was kind of nutso, and I worked an hour over. So I was too lazy to go for a run after work, since it was already pitch black out! 🙂 Can’t be a perfect runner all the time.
Here’s my massive foodie recap, with a fun recipe for dinner!
A TLC Bar…
Plus, three Carrs crackers and cheese.
Leftover Thai food and brown rice…
Tazo Ginger Green Tea…. (yum!)
And a few mini chocolates for dessert.
Veggies and hummus….
And my second mid-afternoon snack… Grape Nuts!
Dinner – Hot Veggie Salad!
Ingredients (for two):
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 15 asparagus stalks
- 1/2 can of black beans, rinsed and drain
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Wash sweet potato, stab with fork, wrap in paper towel, and microwave for 4 minutes until tender, but not soft.
- Meanwhile, rinse asparagus and cut in half to separate out the edible portion. Chop edible portion into bite-sized pieces. Place in microwave-safe bowl and fill with water.
- Remove sweet potato from microwave and put in asparagus. Cook asparagus for two minutes.
- Chop sweet potato (with skin) into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat EVOO and Worcestershire sauce in wok on medium.
- Add chopped sweet potato and drained asparagus to wok, flipping to coat in EVOO and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat for three minutes.
- Add rinsed black beans, pepper, and lemon juice to wok, stirring occasionally. Cook for another three minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and plate. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and salt.
Very delicious! And so nutritious! The asparagus is a great compliment to the sweet potato and black beans.
For dessert, I had an apple.
I feel like I finally got a GOOD amount of fruits and veggies in! Yay!
See you tomorrow AM… gotta work on the wedding! 🙂
"A line Emily Dickinson wrote – ‘I dwell in possibility’ – has always meant so much to me. Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance." ~Oprah
mmm the hot vegi salad looks so good! And I can’t get enough hummus! I also didn’t get my workout in tonight! It was a tough back to the grind monday!