Good morning! I had a super special breakfast planned for today that I could NOT stop thinking about on my 8.0 milers yesterday!
The *star* ingredient: leftover Better Mashed Potatoes! Thanksgiving Oatmeal would be an AMAZING post-Thanksgiving breakfast.
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Better Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped raw spinach
- Dash of salt
- 2 slices turkey deli meat
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oatmeal, water, and milk on stovetop until it begins to boil.
- Microwave leftover potatoes for 30 seconds to warm up. Add to oatmeal and stir.
- Add spinach and stir. Remove from heat.
- Add dash of salt and stir thoroughly.
- Plate oatmeal and place warmed turkey (on skillet or in microwave) and pumpkin on top.
- Season with pepper.
I used this type of pumpkin:
Wedding Details: Music!
So, Future Husband and I are really excited about getting married(obviously), but we also very excited to throw a rockin’ party. The DJ and the photographer were the two things I was willing to drop a lot of music on. The DJ is really great!
We are about two weeks late in preparing our "Wedding Ceremony Planner" and "Reception Planner" for the DJ. Basically, we have the tell him the key songs we’d like played on our big day, and the rest we leave in his capable and creative hands. Here are the key selections:
- Processional (when the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk down the aisle): Canon in D by Pachebel
- Bride’s Entrance: Wedding March by Canadian Brass
(Can’t find a video on YouTube but it’s basically the "Here comes the bride" song with brass instruments. It’s on iTunes.)
- Recessional (right after the officiant announces "You may kiss the bride!" and everyone cheers): "All You Need is Love" by The Beatles
- Announcing the bridal party: "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor
- Introduction of Mr. and Mrs. Future Husband and See Bride Run: "Rocky Theme Song" by Bill Conti
- First Dance: "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol (Thanks to everyone for helping us decide!)
- Cake Cutting Song: "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" by Natalie Cole
- Future Husband Gets My Garter: "Let’s Get It On" by Marvin Gaye
- Bouquet Toss: "Bad" by Michael Jackson
- Garter Toss: "Bad Boys" by Inner Circle
- Last Dance Song: "Unchained Melody" by Righteous Brothers (this is our song)
We are still deciding on the mother and son dance and the father and daughter dance songs. :) Any not corny suggestions (no "Wind Beneath My Wings," please)?
Have a great day!!