Good morning! Lord, Oh Lord…. I woke up and my thighs were BURNING! It must have been all speedy running during yesterday’s 10K! But, luckily, my knees didn’t hurt AT ALL! I think my knee sleeves are a miracle cure!
I crept into the kitchen and made breakfast. I had my normal oatmeal, except I actually portion controlled the toppings for once. :) And, of course, I had my typical cup of coffee, AKA elixir of life on a Monday morning.
My oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup (dry) oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 sliced banana
- Toppings: 1 tablespoon coconut, 1 tablespoon granola
Athleta Contest Follow-Up
To jog your memory, here’s Halie’s "Before" photo.
And here’s Halie after she got outfitted with $200 worth of stylish and functional Athleta gear.
- The Ultra Run pants in black
- The Streamline pants in carbon gray
- The Dance Cami in cornsilk
- The Tunic Cami in Imari
- The Shape 2000 T-Back Sports Top in black
Halie says, "In the picture I am wearing the Streamline pant, the Printed Adjustable Tunic and the Shape 2000 T-Back Sport Top (sports bra). I love it all!! I’ve had a chance to test them out and they are so great to work out in! Especially the pants, both of them! I highly recommend them! They are ultra-wicking and SO comfortable to run in! And they all fit so well. The Athleta website is very user friendly and the size charts are great, I was able to get a perfect fit!"
YAY, Halie! Congrats on winning the contest! I will try to put together another a fun contest soon! 🙂
An affirmation is a positive statement that you repeat to yourself to lift you up and feel good (kind of like my "No Doubt! No Doubt!" during the 10K). Affirmations are written in a way to sound as if they are already true. Believe it, and you will achieve it!
Some people like to repeat affirmations in their head, some like to write it down and stick it on their computer, and others even repeat their affirmations out loud while in the shower! TRUST ME – Affirmations WORK!
Here are some powerful affirmations to get your day off on the right foot:
- I always have enough money for everything I need.
- Loving myself unconditionally brings healing and an abundance of love into my life.
- The love I give out returns to me multiplied.
- I naturally make choices that are good for me. I take loving care of my body and my body responds with health.
- I am successful at whatever I choose to do.
- I love and accept myself as I am. Through this belief, I can love others more fully and they can love me.
- The past has no power over me, I forgive all those that need my forgiveness and I forgive myself.
- If I make mistakes, I am able to give myself the benefit of the doubt.
ENJOY YOUR DAY!