Today is looking like it will be another fun and exciting wedding-centric day. We have the "working" bridal shower at 11, and I’m looking forward to seeing a few of my friends and family.
I made a big batch of French Toast for myself, my mom, and Future Husband.
We were low on eggs, so I couldn’t make egg white French Toast. Egg whites seem to produce more "crunchy" French Toast — it’s worth the indulgence. These were still yummy. 🙂
With a sliced banana.
Fun Running Facts
In honor of tomorrow’s 10K, here are some fun running facts:
- The fastest marathoner is Haile Gerbrsealassie (from Ethiopia). His fastest time was 2 hours, three minutes, and 59 seconds. That’s about a 4:45-minute mile…. for 26.2 miles!
- The fastest female marathoner is Paula Radcliffe. Her fastest time was 2 hours, 15 minutes, and 25 seconds. She also holds the Number 2, Number 3, and Number 5 fastest times.
- The 15 fastest male marathoners are all from Africa, except #10 and #15, who are both from the United States.
- Kenyans are notoriously fast long-distance runners. The Kalenjin tribe (which equals only 12% of the country’s population) comprises about 3/4 of the country’s elite runners. Young boys and girls from the Kalenjin tribe dream of becoming a track star the way American children dream of playing in the World Series.
- The current marathon distance was set for the 1908 London Olympics so that the course could start at Windsor Castle and end in front of the Royal Box.
- Abebe Bikila (from Ethiopia) set a new marathon world record at the 1960 Olympics…. he ran the race barefoot!
Have a great day! 🙂