Good morning! I’ve got to make this snappy, as I’m running late, late, late!
First off, I’m glad everyone found my quick thoughts on Motivation to be interesting! I will definitely expand on this topic tonight, and I’ll respond to your comments when I get a chance.
Secondly, don’t forget about the Athleta contest! $200 worth of sweet workout gear could be yours!
I was craaaaaaaving more savory oats this morning. My Green Eggs and Ham experiment went so well last week that I decided to give savory oatmeal another try!
This time, I halved the recipe because my previous bowl of oatmeal was way too large.
"Which Came First, the Chicken or the Egg?" Savory Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1/8 cup chopped raw spinach
- Pepper to taste
- 1 slice deli meat BBQ Chicken
- 1/2 whole egg egg
- 1 tablespoons shredded cheese (I used Cheddar)
- Pepper to taste
- Combined first three base ingredients in a pot on the stovetop. Heat on Medium until liquid begins to boil and evaporate off.
- Add cottage cheese, pepper, and raw spinach to oatmeal, stirring thoroughly. Turn off stovetop and let stand on burner until oatmeal is finished cooking.
- Meanwhile, spray skillet with cooking oil and fry egg and chicken. Move chicken around constantly so it doesn’t burn or stick.
- Once egg is done cooking, scoop oatmeal into a bowl. Add egg and chicken on top.
- Sprinkle oatmeal with pepper and shredded cheese.
I enjoyed my savory oatmeal with a warm cup of coffee…. of course!
I’m craaaaaaaaaaazy late! Have a wonderful day!
PS – My schedule calls for running (speedwork) tonight!! YAY YAY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
The title of your oatmeal is soooo cute!! 😀
Ahh, don’t be late!! Have a good Wednesday!!