Eck! It’s just turning into one of those days at world…. when simple tasks take 4 times longer to do than you expected, and anything that can go wrong does! But, luckily for me, I have tomorrow off. Woo Hoo!
I was so wrapped up in work that I couldn’t eat lunch at my normal time (11:30). My stomach felt like it was eating away at itself! I finally broke for lunch around 1:00. It was such a relief to get some food in my belly!
Lunch – Homemade Black Bean and Mushroom Veggie Burgers
If you’re like me and always end up with three cans of leftover beans in the fridge, homemade veggie burgers are an EXCELLENT way to use up those beans!
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- 1/4 cup black beans, canned and drained
- 1/4 cup red beans, canned and drained
- 2 tablespoons WW flour
- 1/8 cup bella mushrooms, sliced
- Pepper to taste
- Mash beans, flour, and pepper together using a fork (or your hands).
- Rinse and microwave mushrooms for 30 seconds to soften.
- Add mushrooms to bean mix and form a patty.
- Flatten on griddle and cook for 7 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
I had my burger on top of a piece of WW toast and sprinkled with some melty Italian cheese.
I also ate a small side salad…
And a bowl of grapes…
It was a delicious lunch that I’m still picking at as I type this. 🙂
OK – I have one Z-Bar left after today. I’m never buying these again (that’s probably a lie, but you know what I mean). I think I’ve had a Z-Bar 10 days out of the last two weeks! 🙂
After work (please end soon!), I’m going to do some cleaning and then I have a YOGA class tonight. My class is at 8:00 PM, and I can’t decide if I should eat dinner before or after I go. I may split my dinner up into two portions.
Enjoy your day!