I am totally workin’ for the weekends right now. Except my upcoming weekend is so jam-packed that it’s not going to be very relaxing….. but it will be fun (minus Saturday)!
- Tonight: Our friend Harry is coming over to watch the opening game of the world series (Go Phillies!)
- Thursday Night: Meghann and I are going to spin and yoga, and then we’re carving pumpkins and watching TV
- Friday: Our friends Lisette and Danny are coming into town
- Saturday: Bone Scan day (it takes about 6 hours)
- Sunday: The in-laws are staying overnight with us, and my future Mother-in-law and I are running wedding errands.
I started off this morning with an interesting bowl of oatmeal:
My oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 sliced banana
- Toppings: coconut, brown sugar, Kashi Go Lean Crunch! kernels.
Between the coconut and the Kashi, it was a very unique blend of flavors and textures. Very satisfying!
What I Know For Sure
As you may have noticed, I’m a big fan of Oprah. Don’t judge her until you read her magazine, specifically the last column of each month’s issue, which is written by Oprah herself and entitled "What I Know For Sure." After two years of reading this column, I can attest that Oprah is a highly spiritual, caring, and insanely intelligent woman (yes, she actually writes each column).
This month’s column is the Top 20 things that she knows for sure, and I found myself so moved reading the list.
I wanted to share the very best with you…. I hope these mantras brighten your day or give you a new perspective on a challenge you are facing.
- What you put out comes back, all the time, no matter what.
- Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
- When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.
- If the only prayer you ever say is "thank you," that will be enough.
- Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
- Love yourself and then learn to extend that love to others in every encounter.
The one thing I know for sure is: "Love should come first; it should be the beginning of and the reason for everything" (from "The Awakened Heart"). I truly believe the world would be a much better place if we all just extended a little more kindness to one another one. Judgement and hate have no place in my heart!
What do you know for sure?