I am so-so-so happy I was able to run tonight! I did a glorious 6.0 miles. It felt great to blow off some steam, too. Mondays always get to me!
But first…. I had to wrap up work. I needed a substantial snack around 2:00 and had yogurt + cereal (Uncle Sam’s Original), topped with raisins and almonds.
Around 4:30, in the middle of a conference call, I had my pre-run snack (eaten about 1.5 hour before I left). I had a piece of WW bread, PB, and the other half of my apple from lunch.
Aaaaah to run again! Being a little injured over past two weeks has made me really appreciate a pain-free run.
Here are my statistics:
- Duration: 1 hr, 1 minute (6.0 miles)
- Average Heart Rate: 155 bpm
- Maximum Heart Rate: 187 bpm
- Calories Burned: 522
Post-Run Snack and Dinner
I came home and slammed down a skim milk + Muscle Milk Light smoothie. Yummy protein chunks!
We tried a new creation for dinner tonight. Neither Future Husband nor myself have ever tried BRUSSEL SROUTS! Can you believe it? But… they were so delicious!
I put the brussel sprouts in a bowl full of water and microwaved them for 6:00 minutes. Then, I cut them in half, drizzle some EVOO on the sprouts, and sprinkled everything with some garlic salt and pepper. Last, I roasted them for 25 minutes at 375.
On the side I had a 1/2 sweet potato and black beans. My favorite!
Tag, You’re It!
I’ve been tagged by Lauren at Team Giles! I’m going to tag back Meghann. Here are my answers:
4 Things I Did Today:
- Finally plucked my eyebrows.
- Did laundry.
- Ran 6.0 miles.
- Got a lot done at work.
(Man, I’m boring–but it’s Monday, so whatever).
4 Things on My To-Do-List:
- Find a Rehearsal Dinner location.
- Finish reading "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle.
- Make an acupuncture video for the blog.
- Wash Maggie’s smelly armpits (yes, dogs get smelly armpits, too) and brush her stinky teeth.
4 of My Guiltiest Pleasures:
- Britney Spears!!!!!
- Staring at my engagement ring
- Drinking my money’s worth of free beer at Sea World (yes, they give away unlimited free beer. It’s awesome.)
4 Random Facts About Me:
- For five years, I wrote a column entitled "On Campus" for The Wall Street Journal Classroom Edition.
- I’m a certified SCUBA diver.
- My dog’s full name is "Maggie Britney Spears Thatcher." My other dog is named "James Bond." We also have a fish named "Clifford the Big Red Dog."
- I am highly allergic to avocado, latex, and walnuts.
Yeaaa you got tagged 🙂
I love your dogs names, so dang cute!