You’ve got to hand it to the power of the Internet — it sure brings people together!
I think we were all suppose to be sticking out our tongues on that photo! I couldn’t stop laughing. :)
Tonight’s blogger pot luck with Meghann and Jenna was very fun–and we saved tons of cash by eating in! I was in charge of the main dish, and Meghann did the side dish (a yummy salad with a homemade dressing).
After dinner, I enjoyed an amazing vanilla vegan cupcake, homemade by Jenna…. so delicious! She’s going to rock out the pastry world, I just know it!
I couldn’t resist and went back for another half!
Mom’s Turkey Lasagna
This recipe makes a very THICK and delicious lasagna. You could spread it out in a larger pan to reduce the thickness.
Ingredients (makes about 6 servings):
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (part skim)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend)
- 1 egg
- 7 pieces of No-Bake Lasagna pasta
- 1/4 pound 99% fat free ground turkey, almost complete cooked in a wok with a little bit of EVOO, pepper, and dried parsley.
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups of steamed broc and yellow squash, chopped into small pieces.
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1.5 cup pasta sauce
- Line a loaf pan with foil (this way, you can easily lift the lasagna out of the pan, creating pretty slices).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish and place 1 piece of pasta on top.
- Mix ricotta cheese, egg, and parsley together in a separate dish. Layer half of the ricotta mix on top of the pasta layer.
- Add 1/4 cup of pasta sauce on top of the ricotta mix and seal with another piece of pasta.
- Mix together cooked turkey and 1/2 cup of pasta sauce. Layer half of turkey mixture on top of pasta and seal with another piece of pasta.
- Spread out 1/2 of the broc and squash mix. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese and seal with another piece of pasta.
- Repeat process again with remaining ricotta mix and 1/4 cup of sauce, another slice of pasta, remaining turkey mix, a slice of pasta, remaining broc mix and another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, another slice of pasta, and remaining pasta sauce.
- Seal with another piece of foil and cook for 50 minutes.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes, or until cheese bubbles.
I hope everyone has a wonderful night! Sleep tight!
~Edited to add:
I completely forgot to post my mid-day snack! I don’t want you all to think I can go more than 3 hours without food… because I seriously CAN’T! LOL.
Around 3:30, I had 1/4 cup Grape Nuts + 1/4 cup granola + 1/2 cup yogurt…. yum!
I also had a Tazo Awake Tea… yum!
OK, good night now.. for real. 🙂