I’ve been wanting to use up some leftover wonton skins, so I figured I’m try my hand at ravioli. Plus, Neon Eggplant seemed like the perfect filling.
I was halfway through the ravioli-making process when I realized the leftover ricotta cheese was spoiled. Who knew the stuff only lasts 5 days after opening?! Luckily, we had some cheddar and dried parmesan in the fridge, but this would’ve tasted even better with ricotta!
Ingredients (for a Bride-sized serving (4 ravioli) plus a Groom-sized serving (5 ravioli))
- 1.5 cup sliced Portabello Mushrooms
- 2.5 cup cubed Neon Eggplant (or regular)
- Remaining Neon Eggplant, sliced thickly
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 18 wonton skins
- 2 servings pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cubed Neon Eggplant and Portabello Mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of the EVOO.
- Spray cookie tray with cooking spray.
- Put thickly sliced eggplant on one side of the tray (these are to top on the ravioli). Spread out cubed Neon Eggplant and Portabello Mushrooms on the tray, salt, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Using a blender or a food processor, puree roasted veggies, 1 egg white, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of EVOO.
- To fill ravioli, place 1 wonton skin on a plate and scoop 1 tablespoon of filling into the center. Using your finger, wet edge of wonton skin. Place second skin on top of first, and press skin down, eliminating any air pockets.
- To seal the ravioli, use a fork to press down the edges, creating a seal.
- Repeat process for the rest of the ravioli.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a sprinkle of salt and 1 tablespoon of EVOO.
- Gently place ravioli in boiling water. Let cook for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Remove from pot and smother in warm pasta sauce. Top with thickly sliced roasted eggplant.
On the side, I enjoyed some steamed broc… my favorite! 🙂
Other Munchies of the Day
My later brunch meant I didn’t have a legitimate lunch; I just grazed all day. I had a warm WW pita with shredded carrot peanut butter.
And I had a Cabot’s Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt and a plum.
Heroes!! HEROES!! AHHH!
Now, Future Husband and I are starting our HEROES Marathon. We watched the first season on DVD and now we’re starting the second season. I’ve heard the second season isn’t as good as the first, but since we’re watching it on DVD, I’m thinking it will be very good (TV shows are always better one DVD, huh?).
I enjoyed some M&Ms for dessert…. Future Husband busted out the HUGE bag of leftover M&Ms. I portioned out my own serving; eating straight from the bag is too dangerous!!
Off to watch five episodes in a row! Yay! Have a nice Sunday!