- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/8 cup small white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup WW pasta, macaroni or similar shape (I used Barilla Plus)
- ¼ cup red kidney beans
- 2 cups tomato soup (Check the nutritional label! Soups are tricky!)
- Pepper to taste
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a casserole dish and roast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- At the same time, bring water to boil on the stove top and cook the pasta according to directions. When there are 10 minutes left for the pasta, add the chopped kale.
- Drain the pasta and kale mix.
- Add 2 cups of tomato soup to the pot. Let simmer on LOW while veggies bake.
- When veggies are done roasting, add to soup mixture. Add in kidney beans.
- Let simmer on LOW for an additional 5 – 10 minutes or until hot.
- Enjoy! (Told you it was ridiculously easy!)
I only had the soup for dinner, but it was hearty and delicious. Plus, I wasn’t really that hungry. Since we had such a late dinner (9 PM), I needed a snack at my “normal” dinner hour. I had a handful of nuts and raisins around 6 PM. An hour later, I also had a small (3 inch) portion of French bread with peanut butter.
Well, we’re off to watch the Opening Ceremony on TiVo! Tomorrow’s agenda calls for cardio and weight lifting at the gym with Future Husband. See you for breakfast… Have a wonderful evening everyone.