Yeah–you heard me right. BEER PANCAKES!
Maybe it’s because I’m only 24 and still relatively young, but I love doing things I’m “not suppose to” sometimes–like eating beer pancakes for breakfast. It’s so wrong, but it feels so right! 😛
I had been thinking about doing this ALL WEEK, but it’s totally inappropriate for a weekday, so I saved it for Saturday. Instead of using all milk in my pancakes, I used a 3:1 ratio of Harvest Moon (Blue Moon’s pumpkin ale) to milk.
There’s this pub near my college (University of Pittsburgh) called Fuel and Fuddle, and they serve the best Pale Ale Pancakes. Harvest Moon pancakes were even better because of the touch of pumpkin! The beer gave the pancakes a nice, spicy flavor.
On the side I had a banana + blueberry bowl and a touch of real maple syrup (we’re all out now!). And no, I don’t feel buzzed or anything (I think the alcohol cooks off)! 🙂
The sun is shining, a gentle breeze is blowing, and it’s once again HOT outside! I think Tropical Storm Fay has finally left us! YAY!
- Address wedding invitations.
- Organize Future Husband and his groomsmen for their tux fittings.
- Call hotels about group discount rates.
- Work on business with Future Husband.
- Run 6.0 miles once the sun sets and it’s not as hot outside.
- Go to Costco for food.
- Go to the gym and lift weights.
- Write some interesting nutrition and fitness pieces for the blog for the upcoming week. Any topics you’d like me to research and address?
Better get crackin’! Have a nice day!