Autumn Shepherd’s Pie
- 3 chicken breasts, defrosted
- 2 medium Idaho potatoes and 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon real butter
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 can of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons WW flour or Hodgson’s Insta Bake Mix
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Dried Parsley or other spice
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- Grease an 18×10 casserole dish, put two pots of water on boil, and heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop chicken breasts into small chunks (or be lazy like me and use a set of kitchen scissors)
- Skin and chop two medium Idaho potatoes and two medium sweet potatoes.
- Place Idaho potatoes in boiling water in one pot, and the sweet potatoes in the other.
- Heat a pan or a wok on the stove top, and add chicken, 1/4 cup of low-sodium chicken broth, and pepper.
- Cook chicken until white on outside. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of low-sodium chicken broth and 3 tablespoons WW flour. Add to chicken mix.
- Put chicken on low and cook 10-15 minutes, until sauce reduces.
- Add in peas and corn.
- Scoop mixture into casserole dish.
- Drain each potato, and add 1/4 cup of skim milk and 1/2 tablespoon butter to each pot. Mash potatoes.
- Scoop out potato mixes in alternating rows on top of chicken mix. Smooth with a spatula. Add S&P to the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375.
- Enjoy! This dish has about 8 servings.
I had a medium-sized portion with a little French bread. Delicious!
Well, I know that some of you are SYTYCD fans, and I’m watching the finale, so I better run (I hope Kaytee wins)! But first, pre-dinner snacks….
Snack – 3PM
I’ve got a nice long run planned tomorrow, so check in tomorrow for an intense workout. Have a wonderful night everyone!