17 weeks â€“ already? Seriously. Time is flying.
Thanks again for your congratulations on our pregnancy announcement and my first trimester recap! Many of you requested regular pregnancy updates, so here I am. Iâ€™m impressed that I remembered to sneak in bump shots this weekend! Itâ€™s crazy how fast the weeks are going with Little One (LO) compared to BabyHTP (Henry). I feel like Iâ€™ll be 39 weeks before I know it.
Hereâ€™s a photo comparison of my pregnancy with Henry v. my pregnancy with LO. (Actuallyâ€¦ I used Henryâ€™s Week 18 shot because the shirt I was wearing in Week 17 really hid my little bump.)
There are so many differences between the two pregnancies. First of all â€“ bump is larger. And way higher up. With Henry at this point, I had gained 6.5 pounds. This time around, Iâ€™ve gained double that â€“ Iâ€™m clocking in 13 pounds higher than pre-pregnancy.
But some things are the same â€“ Week 17 with Henry, I felt â€œexceptionally lazyâ€ and thatâ€™s pretty much how I feel now, too! And I can feel LO moving around nowâ€¦ I actually have been able to feel her/him for a while, but now, Iâ€™m starting to feel legit little kicks. I hope the Husband can catch one soon! But just like Henry, this baby quiets down the moment he puts his hand on my belly.
The rest of this post is going to be in random bullet point format. Cool?
- Everyone asks me if I have â€œboy or girlâ€ suspicions. I have no idea. Like, none. I do feel slightly terrified to have a girl, though. I feel like I have baby boys DOWN.
- Henry frequently points at his belly button and tells me that he has a baby inside of him. Hah. Heâ€™s the best. <3
- I am getting REALLY nervous about labor and delivery. That ish hurts. I am honestly more nervous the second time around than I was the first. Knowledge is a bitch.
- I am excited to have a winter baby (Henry was a summer baby). Itâ€™s so hot out right now and remember newborn Henry being so miserable in the heat. Iâ€™m going to love wearing and snuggling a baby in the chilly weather!
- I am looking forward to going through all of Henryâ€™s old baby clothes and picking out the ones that I want to keep for LO (I just tossed everything in garbage bags). Memmmmmories. And speaking of old clothes, itâ€™s been kind of fun to drag out my old maternity clothes and re-wear them. But Iâ€™m looking forward to donating them to charity after this pregnancy is overâ€¦ Elastic waistbands lose their luster quickly.
- Weâ€™re brainstorming ideas for Henryâ€™s Big Boy Room. I canâ€™t wait to decorate it. Any theme ideas? Or do I not want to go with a theme for fear of him outgrowing it in two seconds?
- Last week, a stranger said congrats on my pregnancy. Itâ€™s always fun to reach the point where you look pregnant enough that strangers feel confident in complimenting you!
- Workouts are going well. Iâ€™m managing to do a mix of running, strength training, and swimming. I also go for walks a lot.
- Our anatomy scan is in ONE WEEK. Hereâ€™s to hoping that we have a healthy, growing baby and that we do NOT accidentally find out the sex. I donâ€™t want to ruin the birth surprise!
If youâ€™re pregnant, too, Iâ€™d love an update on how youâ€™re feeling.