≡ Menu

For Sale

in All Posts

I feel like I went all over town today.  Because I did.

IMG_3984

First – I went to the clinic to do some office manager-ish stuff.  Then, I was back home to play with Henry and go on a walk.  I ran a few more errands, and then Dad picked me up to go house hunting.  He’s thinking about buying a house (he rents now) and wanted a second set of eyes.

Would you rather….

Own a house with bright green closets (and bright blue bathroom ceilings?)

photo 3 (15)

Or own a house with gold plastic columns and a tassel curtain on the fireplace?

photo 2 (36)

Hah.  Don’t worry – neither option made the final cut.  However, I do think we found a winner!  Now all DadHTP has to do is go through the make-an-offer process.  I have to say… house hunting is a lot more fun when it’s not your money and sanity on the line.  I actually enjoyed myself today, a stark contrast to how I felt during my own house hunting process last year…

photo 1 (40)

Baby wearing – he’s doing it right.

Back to that delicious looking meal… It was actually my lunch.  And it was so good that I recreated it for dinner. Winking smile

IMG_3980

Fried tempeh (to make: heat a little coconut oil in a pan, drop in tempeh, let fry on both sides)

Brown rice

Balsamic dressing

Soy mozzarella cheese (from Trader Joe’s – not bad as far as these things go)

Steamed kale

IMG_3982

Goodnight!

{ 31 comments }

• Lesley T. January 8, 2013, 8:24 pm

That picture of Henry with his grandpa–ADORABLE!

And holy crap, yikes on the walls and especially on the columns.

• Sara @ fitcupcaker January 8, 2013, 8:53 pm

OMG curtains on fireplace, yikes! I still need to try tempeh!

• Dee January 8, 2013, 8:57 pm

That picture is ADORABLE!

• Margaret January 8, 2013, 9:08 pm

I’d love to have closets painted in fun colors! Maybe not that particular shade of green, but I’d prefer it over everything being white walls. The gold trim, not so much.

• Jessica January 8, 2013, 9:09 pm

Looks yummy@ I like the rice dreams shreds (mozzarella) actually- I’m off dairy due to breeding as well

• Jessica January 8, 2013, 9:12 pm

ha autocorrect. breeding! b-feeding i meant ;)

• Angela January 8, 2013, 9:24 pm

So sweet!! I hope your dad is buying a house nearby you! :)

• Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 8, 2013, 9:31 pm

Green closets I can handle. That gold trim and tassel? First things gone. Eww.

• Beks January 8, 2013, 9:57 pm

I don’t know. The painted closets are kind of cool, but the plastic columns/curtains are disturbing and ask to be the set for an SNL sketch. Starring the doily-fied curtain. :-)

• Mary-Heather January 8, 2013, 10:05 pm

The curtains on the fireplace are the funniest fire hazard EVER. The picture of Henry and your dad is super cute!

• Mandy @ Eat Pray Grow January 8, 2013, 10:08 pm

Henry is the spitting image of your dad!

• Kristina @Run and Assimilate January 8, 2013, 10:55 pm

That dinner looks so good. I may have to re-create that soon!

• Sana January 8, 2013, 11:05 pm

Is it bad that I scroll through your posts for cute baby Henry pics? He is a little cutie!!!

• Debbie @ Live from La Quinta January 8, 2013, 11:13 pm

I love love that pic of Henry and your dad. So cute!

• Stephanie @ Steph's Miles January 9, 2013, 12:24 am

That is the cutest picture of your dad and your baby. It should be published somewhere! Your next book, perhaps?

• Reenielou January 9, 2013, 12:52 am

hmmm, I think closets an easier fix. Those columns on fireplace…what’ s up with that. Cute pic of your dad and Henry. Your food looks so good.

• Emilie @ Hungry Delights January 9, 2013, 2:31 am

Naww Henry has the cutest most animated little face :)

I adored house shopping – so much fun (of course I would have preferred to not use my own money)

xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

• Karen @ Runner Girl Eats January 9, 2013, 6:22 am

I absolutely love house hunting when its not for me. And I would choose the green closets over the tassle any day! eeek!

• Carly January 9, 2013, 6:24 am

Your dad and Henry are the ABSOLUTE CUTEST.

• Allie January 9, 2013, 6:52 am

Hubby and I just started house hunting – it’s….difficult. Lovin’ those columns! haha!

• Brittnie (A Joy Renewed) January 9, 2013, 7:12 am

LOVE that pic of Henry with your dad. So adorable!

Think I would go for the green closets and blue painted ceilings. Ha! Paint can always be covered up with more paint. :) I agree – house hunting is WAY more fun when it’s for someone else. You get all the fun of looking and dreaming without the stress or monetary loss.

• Vivian January 9, 2013, 8:19 am

Oy, that little man is too cute!!!

• Jen Clark January 9, 2013, 8:20 am

So glad I don’t have to house hunt anytime soon! Good luck to your dad. That picture of him and Henry is adorable!!!

• Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction.com January 9, 2013, 9:02 am

Haha! That pic of Henry and your dad is adorable!

• Dani @ Live Lightly Everyday January 9, 2013, 10:13 am

I would absolutely LOVE to go house hunting for someone else too, as our house hunting experience was beyond stressful! House Hunters on HGTV is a good option too… Haha

• Sara January 9, 2013, 10:17 am

Love the photo of DadHTP and Henry! so cute!

• Tracey January 9, 2013, 10:51 am

The pic of Henry and your dad is the CUTEST PICTURE EVERRRR! I LOVE IT!!!! :) :) :)

PS- Henry looks sooooooo much like you. I have a baby boy one month younger than Henry and he is the spitting image of my husband. He looks nothing like me. I thought it was a “boy” thing where the boy looks more like his dad, simply because he’s a boy. But Henry has characteristics of Kristien but I think he looks sooo much like you too! :)

• kim January 9, 2013, 5:22 pm

Henry is seriously one of the cutest babies I’ve ever seen!!! very photogenic too :)

• Amber K January 9, 2013, 8:48 pm

I love that picture of your dad and Henry!

• Lara F. January 10, 2013, 3:31 pm

Wait stop it. I just can’t take that photo of Henry with your dad. It kills me. So stinking CUTE! I think that’s a photo Henry will cherish when he’s older. :)

• Sarah January 11, 2013, 9:56 am

Id go for the green closets!! I just bought a house last month and every room was a putrid color.. needless to say we have been painting like crazy and the place looks brand new!