Drop everything and make this amazing hummus right now. Wait – actually, you must read the recipe first! I promise you will love it. You’re got to love anything named Holy Deliciousness Hummus, right?
Holy Deliciousness Hummus
Ingredients (makes 1.5 cups):
- 1 cup of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive olive
- 1 clove fresh garlic (or 1/4 tablespoon minced garlic)
- Two heavy pinches of salt
- One heavy pinch of pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until creamy.
- Serve and enjoy! (So easy!)
What makes this hummus so amazing? Why, the goat cheese, of course! The result was a very lightly whipped hummus. I couldn’t stop dipping my finger into the container. I predict it will all be gone in less than 24 hours.
I served the hummus on toast with leftover veggies.
This giveaway is for local readers (or readers willing to travel, I suppose!).
I’m giving away one free race entry to the Rock & Read 5K. The race benefits the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library system and will include a post-race party. It’s on September 10, 2011 at 8:00 AM. The second mile of the course is dedicated to Operation Beautiful – pretty neat, huh?
If you’re in Charlotte or the surrounding area, simply comment on this post and let me know that you’d love to do the Rock & Read 5K! I’ll be a random winner tomorrow morning.