Update: Fail. I forgot to include a very important field in the submissions form â€“ your email! If you have already submitted a story, please directly email me (email@example.com) and let me know your name so I can get back in touch with you. Thanks! If youâ€™re submitting a new form, everything is good to go and thereâ€™s no need to directly email.
As I have briefly alluded to in past posts, I am currently writing my third book, which will be a creative non-fiction non-diet health and fitness book. Whew â€“ thatâ€™s a mouthful.
The book is based on the general concepts you read about three times a day, every day, on this blog. The Healthy Tipping Point Book will prove that small, everyday decisions can add up to something amazing â€“ health and happiness, which looks and feels different for different people.
I donâ€™t want this to be a one-size-fits-all health book because there is no one way to be healthy â€“ there are many ways to travel this awesome journey. And although Iâ€™m more than happy to share my own perspective and lessons in the book, Iâ€™m well aware that I donâ€™t know everything about everything (ha!). Iâ€™m limited by my own journey.
Thatâ€™s why The Healthy Tipping Point Book will include fitness tips, cooking tricks, and success stories from people just like YOU, as well as from professionals! Iâ€™m not just looking for advice from people whoâ€™ve reached their goals, but also from people who are just starting off or fell off the wagon a few times. Health is not linear.
If you have a story to tell or a tip to share, please submit your wisdom here. In particular, Iâ€™m looking for:
- Weight loss or getting healthy success stories
- Stories from people who have overcome an eating disorder or distorted thinking about health and appearance
- Stories about accepting your body shape and turning away from societyâ€™s concept of â€˜beautyâ€™ and â€˜healthâ€™
- Tips about healthy eating
- Favorite workouts or fitness tricks
- Stories about falling in love with running, Zumba, yoga, water jogging, weight lifting, rock climbing â€“ whatever floats your boa!
- Realizations about the strong connection between emotional and physical health
- People who exercise in â€˜uniqueâ€™ ways (i.e. not in the gym)
- Advice on staying healthy when you have a busy schedule
- Original recipes or snack ideas
- Women who stayed healthy after pregnancy / became healthier after having a baby
- People whoâ€™ve fallen off the healthy wagon and got back on it
Credit will, of course, be given when credit is due. This is a fun chance to share your experiences and help other people â€“ if you have a story to tell, please submit it! If you have an idea of what you want to share, but arenâ€™t sure how to best put it in words, donâ€™t fret â€“ Iâ€™ll be doing extensive interviews so just give me a general idea of your story!
Psst â€“ Wanna know more about getting published? Check out this post.