I love this jacket potato recipe. Combined with some roasted broccoli, it was a great change from the normal casserole or stir-fry. I could not stand the idea of another run-of-the-mill dinner!
Lots of Flavor Jacket Potato
Ingredients (for one potato):
- 1 medium to large russet potato
- 1/2 cup of refried black beans
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance
- 2 strips of Morning Star fake bacon
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Italian herbs – my mother in law left this tube of fresh herbs in my fridge, and it’s so handy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and stab potato and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until soft to the touch
- Remove from oven and slice lengthwise. Let stand and cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop out potato without tearing skin.
- Prepare bacon strips according to directions. Use a knife to quickly chop.
- In a mixing bowl, combine potato, herbs, butter, and bacons. Use a potato masher.
- Scoop back into potato skins, top with warmed refried beans, and serve.
And I also ate a big spoonful of almond butter. Have you tried Justin’s Almond Butter with Maple Syrup? Oh so good.
I call it a Jacket Potato because that’s what the Husband (a Brit) calls baked potatoes. :) Cute name, huh?