Tonight’s dinner was inspired by this recipe I found on Food Network. I used my food processor to make the Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata EXTRA creamy and delicious.
How I made the ultimate cheesy frittata:
- In a heavy skillet (one that you can place directly in the oven), stir-fry a generous splash of extra virgin oil olive and chopped white onion until the onion browns.
- Meanwhile, microwave 2 cups of frozen broccoli in a little water for 5 minute. Drain and place in food processor.
- Blend broccoli in processor for about 30 seconds. Add to skillet and mix with EVOO and onion.
- Rinse food processor and add about 1/3 block of white cheddar cheese. Processes until crumbly.
- Add 6 eggs to processor and re-blend the cheese and eggs for about 30 seconds.
- Pour egg and cheese mix into skillet.
- Give it a stir and cook on the stovetop for about 6 minutes on Medium.
- Meanwhile, turn on the broiler.
- Put eggs under broiler for 3 minutes or until top browns.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Cool and serve.
I had about 1/3 of the frittata with a small sweet potato (with was topped with 1/2 a block of Laughing Cow):
Other afternoon snacks included apricots, cereal, and another vegan chocolate chip cookie — but I deleted all the pictures by accident! Whoops.
I’m off to tackle the closet of doom:
I’m putting this picture up to SHAME ME into organizing my closet! Told you it was bad!