Christmas was going so well….
We opened presents and drank mimosas.
I got Maggie to sit in front of the Christmas tree.
I got to wear a stupid hat…
as did my Dad…
I snacked on an orange from my Christmas stocking…
And ate half of a special coconut-filled chocolate.
And then the women settled down to watch a movie while the men were in charge of cooking a Christmas dinner.
NOW - We decided to take some of the pressure off my mother-in-law by purchasing a heat-and-serve Christmas dinner from our supermarket. All the men had to do was open the package, take off the plastic wrap, dump the contents into an OVEN SAFE container, and heat in the oven!
This is what happened:
YES – my brother-in-law placed TWO plastic containers directly on the bottom of the oven. We knew something was amiss when we smelled burning plastic. I ran into the kitchen to discover a PLUME OF SMOKE rising from the oven!
We managed to save some of the stuffing and broccoli casserole.
I just ate two cookies because it looks like dinner is a long time coming. 🙂
At least the table is ready to go….
Off to clean the oven!
YIKES!!! Well hey, I’m sure that your Christmas dinner will STILL be phenomenal – no worries!!