Bruschetta is one of my favorite things to order at restaurants, but it’s easy to make at home. The one single ingredient that makes bruschetta really stand out? Balsamic reduction!
- 4 one-inch slices of whole wheat or multi-grain baguette
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Chop the tomato into small bits, and then rinse and drain to remove the seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato, parsley, and onion. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour balsamic vinegar in small pot and cook on medium low until the liquid becomes thickened. Remove from heat.
- Toast bread in oven.
- Place tomato mix on top of bread slices and then drizzle with balsamic reduction.