- 1 cup of dry cornbread mix + all necessary ingredients to prepare according to package directions
- 1 zucchini
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel away most of the zucchini into strips. Don’t worry about peeling the seedy inside. Use a knife to chop the strips into smaller pieces.
- Combine zucchini and cornbread mix in a small bowl. Grease a cast iron skillet and pour mix in.
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Cornbread should be golden but not browned.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, salsa, and hummus. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mix on top of cornbread, place back in oven, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove, let stand, and slice into four portions.
- Serve with some more salsa!