My sister-in-law moved from London to America a few months ago, and she brought some great English recipes with her. One of my favorites is Sophieâ€™s Apple Crumble.
- 8 ounces of flour
- Four ounces of unsalted butter (cold)
- 5 ounces of sugar, separated into 3 ounces and 2 ounces
- Two 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 pound of green cooking apples, thinly sliced into crescents and skin removed
- Slice butter into flour, 3 ounces sugar, and cinnamon and mix first three ingredients until crumbly.
- Bring large pot of water to boil, place apple slices in, and add 2 ounces of sugar.
- Cook apples at boil for 5 â€“ 10 minutes or until soft but still firm.
- Drain apples and spread into bottom of greased casserole dish. Sprinkle another dash of cinnamon on top.
- Pack apples down and sprinkle on the crumbles.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 â€“ 30 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!