Mexican in my house is a little tricky with a no-cheese Husband. So I made these lovely Salsa Verde Enchiladas.
Ingredients (for 6 enchiladas):
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup Corn and Chile salsa (or regular salsa)
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can Verde Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove raw corn from ears using a knife.
- Mix drained beans, corn, mushrooms, corn and chile salsa, pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Lay out a tortilla on a plate, and then dish in a portion of the enchilada mix. Roll tortilla and place at one end of the casserole dish. Repeat five times.
- Pour salsa verde over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and eat!