Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1/3 block extra firm tofu
- 3 servings of authentic Japanese wheat noodles (Somen) or another thin whole wheat noodle
- 1 cup Portabella Mushroom soup (I used Imagine brand; just check for MSG)
- 1.5 cup water
- 2 handfuls of raw spinach, shredded
- 1/2 pack of portabella mushrooms, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup watercress chestnuts
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- Pre-heat George Foreman or grilling pan. Slice tofu into thin pieces (no need to drain) and grill until golden. Remove and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, in wok, cook mushrooms and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until they begin to soften.
- In a medium pot, combine soup and water. Bring to boil. Add noodles.
- Wait one minutes and add wheat noodles, spinach, cooked mushrooms, watercress, rest of soy sauce, and tofu. Stir.
- Turn off heat and let stand for a few minutes.
- Pour into bowls, top with green onion, and serve.