Ingredients (for four large servings):
- 3 cups green beans
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 can large butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- Pepper and salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare green beans by rinsing, trimming, and chopping into bite-sized pieces. Place beans in pot of water and bring to boil for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile thinly slice 1/2 red onion. Combine sliced onions, garlic, and olive oil in a hot wok and cook until browned.
- Rinse mushrooms and combine mushrooms with onion mix in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain a can of large butter beans. Use your hands to mash the beans thoroughly to create a paste.
- Combine beans, soy milk, pepper, and salt with the onions and mushrooms. Mix thoroughly.
- Once green beans have boiled to the point of softness, drain and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Grease a casserole dish and pour the mix in.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Remove and serve.