Ingredients (makes four + cups of hummus)
- 2 large 1-pound cans of chickpeas
- 1.5 cup packed raw spinach
- 1/4 cup tahini buttr
- 6 tablespoons water
- Salt to taste (I used 3/4 tablespoon)
- Pepper to taste (several shakes)
- Juice of one lemon (1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thoroughly rinse chickpeas. Drain and spread out on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minute, remove, and let cool completely (at least half and hour –very important!).
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend for at least 10 minutes, pressing down hummus with a spoon occasionally. It will look clumpy until the end.
- Put into container and refrigerate.
- Serve and enjoy!