Ingredients (for 1 serving):
- 1 banana
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or other nut butter
- Nuts for topping (I used cashew)
- Heat a small, greased non-stick wok or pan on medium high. Place a banana (sliced lengthwise) in the center. The key to grilling a banana successfully is to not move it except to flip it, FYI!
- Heat a non-stick greased pan on medium high. In a small bowl, beat egg and vanilla. Using a fork to spread the mix, soak as much of the egg mix into the tortilla as you can.
- Place tortilla on greased pan and pour remaining egg mix over the top.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and pour into top of tortilla.
- Use a spatula to fold in any egg mix that might’ve crept off the tortilla (what’s currently facing up is going to be the inside of the wrap).
- Once the bottom has browned, carefully flip the tortilla and cook for several minutes.
- Flip again before transferring to a plate.
- On one end, smear the almond butter. On the other, place the grilled bananas. Use the How to Roll a Wrap Method to tuck the first end under the grilled banana and use the almond butter as a seal.
- Plate, top with nuts, and enjoy.