The inspiration came from sesame flatbreads from Trader Joe’s. A full flatbread is actually two servings (and 500 calories) so I tried to come up with a creative way to use half the flatbread.
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Toppings: blueberries
- Serve with sesame flatbread or pita bread
- Preheat oven to low broil.
- Thinly slice the banana
- In a small pot, combine banana with almond milk and spices. Heat on low, stirring constantly and mashed down with a spatula to create a paste.
- Grease ramekin and pour in banana mixture.
- Pour maple syrup on top.
- Place in oven and cook for 5 minutes or until the banana dip starts to brown.
- Top with blueberries.
- Serve with flatbread or pita chips.
I must say – this was a fun breakfast to eat! 🙂